View Single Post
      02-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #266
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Do they have the right equipment to mount your tires? Also, I think they might only sell you stock sizes that came with your car; 245/35/19 and 265/35/19. Let's us know how it goes with the manager.
I'll be mounting them to a set of brand new TE37 Ultras. I happen to be somewhat familiar with one of the techs that work there who is a Miata guy, and going to have him mount the tires while im physically there and watching. He told me there are a bunch of guys who I would DEFINETELY not want touching my vehicle, but I trust him since he is an enthusiat himself. I asked him if, given the right tech and patience/attention to detail/careful procedure, do they have the right equipment to mount tires without scratching the wheels; he told me that it's do-able. Forgot to ask for the model of their machine so that I could do my own research on it before taking him at his word. He also showed me the wheel weights that they use and the lower profile ones are going to work perfectly fine for me; they adhere to the inside of the barrel. Costco will sell you any size you want, as long as the load ratings are greater than or equal to the stock tire specifications. They don't touch studs whatsoever though, so I'll be bringing them bare wheels in the back of my truck and mounting the wheels myself once the tires are on there.

Last edited by kamber; 02-12-2017 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50