01-05-2017, 06:24 AM   #11
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 DCT, 2017 X1 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Maybe View Post
Between he Stang and M2, which is roomier and more comfortable?

I gather from what you said, you believe the cost delta is worth it to get the M2. Could you give a brief evaluation between the M2 and Mustang GT?
Surprisingly the M2 feels roomier, except I feel like the mustang had better storage for water bottles, sunglasses, phone, etc. The backseat in the M2 is also slightly better in terms of headroom. The Mustang has a slightly more sport car-ish seating position, a bit lower to the ground I think. But overall the M2 is preferable to me, also better visibility.

The price difference between the two is only worth it if you simply like 'nice' things, and I do! I got $4k off MSRP and only paid $39k for my Mustang GT, and I was one of the first 2015 Mustang owners too. I paid full MSRP of $57k for my M2. I think the Mustang is probably a better performance value, but it has no prestige whatsoever. A year into owning my '15 Mustang, everyone and their grandma had one. The local Ford dealer had 20 of them lined up in a row. It's just not a very special car. I try to buy unique cars, stuff that nobody else has, usually cars that just barely came out. But beyond that, the M2 has a more premium feel to it, and is a much higher quality car. No matter what the spec sheet says, the Mustang is built cheaply. Also, the M2 is more fun to drive and easier to control. Also, I was constantly modifying my Mustang because I was never satisfied with it. With the M2, I've put on a few cosmetic M Performance parts, but overall I am much happier with the car.
Appreciate 0