View Single Post
      12-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #38
nickcooluz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 430d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
As I'm sure you've noticed already, you ask 20 people on here for advice you will get 25 different opinions!!! And all happy to spend your money for you and recommend options you did t even realise existed!!!

My tuppence worth is decide what engine/gearbox/drive you want and start there. Then decide what options are must haves to you and what would be a nice to have but not essential.

As others have stated the 3.0d models come with a few extra toys as standard and quite often turn out to be only 20-30 quid a month more than the 2.0d models. And as some one has just gone from a 320d to a 335d, the 6 cylinder models are far superior. Smoother, far more punchy, sound better and depending on how you drive, often the economy isn't too far off. Having said that I had a late night blast after a works Christmas do from Milton Keynes to Home via dropping people off and over 68 miles I averaged 35mpg!
Haha that is so true I havent even heard of some of the options mentioned on this post above but i guess it all depends on personal choice.

I have got a test drive booked in for the weekend for 420 and 430 and I guess I'll make my mind up on the engine after the test drive and then look at the options. Thanks for your advice, it was helpful
Appreciate 1