View Single Post
      04-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90lova View Post
Hi guys. I am also on the Camaro5 forums and see the Camaro guys talking smack about M3/M4s getting whipped on road course. I would like to know from you the real out come of what happens when you encounter these 2 levels of Camaros on track. Are they really beating M cars like they claim? Video clips are also welcome.
for stuff like this i would defer to the magazines who can standardize as much as possible .... the z28 is a complete beast and (i'm almost positive) beat a GTR around Barber MP. i wouldn't be surprised in the least if it beat the m3/4 in that case. as much as the pedigree suggests otherwise, the M3/4 isn't a TRACK car. it's track capable but it also is meant to be a daily driver and something to haul the kids/groceries around in. the z28/1le can do those things but not as well, in my opinion. i got my m3 because it's a great all-rounder, not so i could brag about how it beats stuff at the track.

for most of us casual track guys, the car isn't the limiting factor so even if i showed a video of me getting a point-by from a z28 owner, it wouldn't really prove much and back in the paddock i'd probably go up to him and tell him i think it's an awesome car and that if i had the funds and garage space i'd probably have one, too

i hope you weren't looking for "F that! chevy sucks!" kind of answer... although sounds like that's the type of attitude on the camaro forum. there are bad apples (read: trolls) everywhere though, including here.

i'm sure other guys have their opinions as well but i think a majority of people here appreciate the well-roundedness of the m3/m4.

Appreciate 0