View Single Post
      02-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #14
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
So I guess if all the other kids jump off a bridge, there should be no hesitation in doing that too? I've been driving for over 50 years now, and have learned my lesson the hard way about ignoring manufacturer's recommendations. There are no significant power gains to be had from adding ethanol to your fuel unless you are raising boost way beyond the safe limit where additional octane is required to lower the intake air temps and keep detonation from occurring. The "N54 boys", of which I was one, also use methanol injection to allow higher boost levels without cratering their pistons, but that has its downside as well, not the least of which is an extreme fire/explosion hazard if the tank or delivery lines sprout a leak in the engine compartment. And then there's NOS, which is fine for big-block crate motors, but probably not recommended for an N55.

Hey, it's your $50K+ car - feel free to do whatever you feel will get you that extra 1/10th of a second at the drag strip.
Sure.

It's obvious you're a bit out-of-place in this sort of conversation, so I recommend you sit this one out.
Appreciate 0