View Single Post
      01-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #19
mike@tpc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
Wow, a pilot ! That's awesome ! I love airplanes. How do you feel about the Boeing vs Airbus school of thought debate ? Give the pilot more control vs let the computer decide your fate.

If that's your experience with UPS, I respect that. My experience with them has been nothing short of horrible. They ALWAYS leave stuff outside my door, without so much as knocking on my door or ringing the doorbell. People can STEAL my stuff EASILY. Yesterday, I was sitting 3 feet from my door, at home, and this piece of shit driver just left my $1250 equipment outside the door, DAMAGED, and ran away. What do you think about that ?

Forget HOW it got damaged ... just the mere fact that the driver, knowing that it was damaged, just dropped it and ran away, probably knowing he'd be in trouble when I found out the condition of the package.
I prefer Boeing, but to be fair, I have never flown an Airbus product. Everytime I think I might switch over, one crashes somewhere. At Delta, the 330 flies to Hawaii, which was my favorite route on the 767-400 as a copilot, so I may still fly it one day.

I prefer that the packages are just left in front. If the sender doesn't require a signature, that is all they are supposed to do. My shop is behind my house and I miss fedex deliveries all the time because the drivers won't call the number I leave on my front door to get me to come up front. UPS lets me sign online.

I bought a rear diffuser from one of the vendors here, and it came in a similar box, with zero packing material inside of it, just the diffuser bouncing around. Luckily, it wasn't damaged.

As for the boot print, that was more than likely done while the box was flat and unassembled. If someone really had stepped on the box there when it was taped up, it would be flattened.
Appreciate 0