View Single Post
      10-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by East River Guide View Post
I just picked up my M235 today. Love the way the car drives. My only complaint now that I am spending significant time in the car is the seat belts. There is a fair amount of tension in the belt such that it rubs my left side neck or collarbone. Maybe it just takes some time to get used to it, but I was surprised that there isn't a height/angle adjustment (at least not that I can see). Odd, even $15k cars come with seat belt height adjusters.

Anyone seen any belt holders that would reposition the belt? Wouldn't hurt if it held the belt forward a bit too so you don't have to reach so far back.

Also the 2014 I drove when I ordered had adjustable headrests (as in you could adjust the forward angle by pushing a button and rotating it forward or back, back being the key). My 2015 came with headrests that don't adjust that way, which is disappointing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
The cushion behind your head is not a head rest. It is a head restraint, designed to prevent rearward head motion and hyper-excursion of the neck. In recent years, NHTSA rulemaking has changed the requirements for head restraint design, resulting in the restraint cushion being closer to the back of the head of the test dummy when in design position. Let it be. It could literally save your neck one day in a severe rear impact. Be sure you have it height adjusted so the most rearward part of your skull lines up with the most forward part of the cushion.
Appreciate 1