06-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #51
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
Car & Driver lost me when they said leather on the 228 was a $4000 option. I understand they have a bias that leans towards Audi, but misinformation like that borders on out and out lying.
SoCal235, when I saw this, I was really bothered also by this incorrect information! You can add leather for $1,450 in the BMW 228i if you do not want all the other features of the Premium Package.

Also the highest Audi A3 I tested since I had to get into that model to get the features that I wanted the car to have only allowed black and red for free exterior colors. All the other exterior colors were also $550 extra like the BMW charges.

Also the price for the Audi A3 went up when I wanted the 10-way power seat with a back-up camera and navigation.

But I did like that the 2015 Audi A3 (that is now available) came with AWD while the BMW 228 would not have that feature until 2015 and it is not out quite yet for ordering. I did not want to wait to order it without testing the car as I want to test the BMW 228i with the X-Drive and without the X-drive when the car is available on dealer lots. I will then decide if I want this feature in my next lease in 3 years. Maybe I will even buy my next car but for now, I keep getting better features in each lease as technology keeps improving on the BMW cars .

Last edited by Lynn_228i; 06-16-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0