View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbill View Post
This is indeed how most dealerships/salesmen are. I've been buying cars now at dealers for over 20 years and they have always been this way. If you think Audi is better, you are generalizing based on one nice experience. The respect you get from salesmen does get better as you get older though. When a salesman sees a 19 year old, internal flags get raised as most kids don't have the credit or cash to buy a new car. Consider yourself a lucky 19 year old and learn to accept it.
This is what I have learned over the years: In neighborhoods and economies where people are buying lots of cars and the dealerships are busy, nobody gives a crap about you. When they actually do give a crap about you, that is only until the exact second you drive the car off the lot. Most of all though, what I have learned is that if you are a car person, you will ALWAYS know more about the car you want to buy than the salesman.
I've been buying cars for 38 years and I'm not sure i have ever had a bad experience. I think a lot of it has to do with your self confidence and attitude going in. If I had that trunk problem i would have just driven right into service and asked for assistance. I've done that with low oil, lights out etc and ALWAYS get served. I understand being a young looking 19 yr old girl could present problems. Just have to try a different salesman or dealership or talk to sales manager.
Appreciate 0