WildFocus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT CZP

WildFocus E93 M3 || Modification Progress Thread

m3 rolling by ONEighty_NYC

This is my first BMW and I absolutely love it! Here's a little history:

My first bought car was a 2003 G35 sedan, Caribbean Blue with black interior, back in 2006. Went through several modding stages on it, learned a lot about cars and working on them because of this car. Did a ton of custom body work, coupe front end conversion, changed wheels every other month lol, 3 sets of brakes, etc. Also quickly learned that I should have gotten a manual

alex g35 by ONEighty_NYC

I had concave wheels back in 07/08!

Different look in 09/10 with a Rotora BBK, Work VS-XX wheels, different bumper and hood...

alex g35 belt by ONEighty_NYC

alex g35 belt 2 by ONEighty_NYC

I sold it in 2011 after owning for 5 years and leased a 2011 G37 sedan 6MT, white on black. Realized that owning is not for me, I like leasing and having a set date to return my car. Also it keeps me away from doing crazy mods that are "irreversible", things that I did to my g35 such as widebody, custom coupe front-end, stripped whole interior and dynamatted it lol. I also like to move onto the next car and mod it to my new vision.

g37 front by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

g37 back by ONEighty_NYC

Got rid of all the chrome, dropped, custom paint work and vinyl, AG M550 wheels, custom one-off duckbill trunk, custom headlights and taillights, emblemless grille, bolt-ons, etc. Too many things to list, but the lease was coming up to an end and I wanted to completely change the look. Something wild that most people wouldn't do or know how to pull off... matte purple vinyl wrap with a new set of AG 20" M510s.

g37 side by ONEighty_NYC

g37 rolling by ONEighty_NYC

I have always dreamed about owning an M3 and when I heard they were no longer going to be V8, I had to pull the trigger and order mine...

Got it July 1st, 2013: Convertible, jet black with red extended leather, manual transmission, navi, premium sound, heated seats, 18" wheels, pretty much every option. I didn't want to pay extra for the 19" wheels since I will be changing them, and I would prefer to use the 18s as my winter setup.

Dealership photos by ONEighty_NYC

Coming from Infiniti the difference is huge. The tranny is so much better, handling, feel, sound, everything. I mean the car costs twice as much as a G37 but you can feel it right away. It's not much faster since the convertible is heavy, but I love every minute of it!
Appreciate 0