JackEssex
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive M Sport Touring

All thanks for your help on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Not good figures for a 320d...is it manual or auto?

...it is an xDrive and an estate, so not going to be as economical as it's sDrive Saloon cousin.
Sport Auto...I've done around town driving (minority due to family visits for Christmas) in Eco, motorway in comfort as Eco was kicking out (is this right seen others way they kick into Eco and cruise on the m'way?) and occasionally kicking into sport when I needed to get around someone/away from a junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwmjc View Post
For 320d that's not good... Heavy right foot? People with 335d are getting roughly the same.....
Only a little lead footed mainly because around has been in Eco and have been cruising at around 70ish on m'way. It was the guys who were reporting such good mpg's on their 335d's that was getting me worried..good news for you guys tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo68 View Post
40 ish probably right for a brand new 2.0Ld. My 330D got much much better at about 5000 miles.
This make me feel better..maybe in time it will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvincent View Post
I have a 320dx Auto (2300m) and just got 47mpg motorway at 70 with 2 adults & 2 children and 4 hand luggage cases however, I do only do short journeys ( 4-5 miles ) around town daily and only get about 36 average.
This makes me feel ALOT better...I was only with 1 other adult and a small smattering of christmas presents and a few small luggage bags, sounds like I like I just need to sit tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
It's ever so slightly better than what I've got from our new 335dX, so it's certainly cheered me up a little! Not much help to you though I suppose. Sorry!

Highland Pete has been saying for a while though that the real-world xdrive fuel economy penalty of sdrive is much bigger than the official figure would suggest.
As mentioned before glad to help

I don't want to wade into the sDrive/xDrive, I don't know enough..but from what some have said on here the reported difference (I think its about 5mpg) seems roughly right - but so much is down to individual driving styles. I'd be interested to follow the debate, for when it comes to changing again.

Guys thanks for all your help some reassurance, and to the guys with the big engines...glad to perked up your Sunday evening!!!

Previous: F61 2.5d M Sport - Titanium Silver
Appreciate 0