pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Yes, the F10 M5 haven't received the same rave reviews by everyone that some of it's predecessors did.

The S55, however, will likely also behave TOTALLY different than a tuned N55. It has two turbo's, more direct and better airflow/intercooling, way better cooling system, way more advanced mapping than a tuned N55, way higher redline and NOT LEAST the anti lag function (try and tune that function in your N55 and see how that works out for you ).

All of the above creates a very different animal than the N55, tuned or not. IMHO the S55 will be just as different in it's behaviour from the N55 as the S50 was from the M50 or the S54 from the M54 (and I have driven both M50 and S50, M54 and S54 equipped cars. Believe me the major difference is sharper throttle response, more power and higher redline as well as better sound). All of which are traits the S55 should have over the N55 and which a N55 can't be "tuned" to achieve (like anti lag, twin turbos with more flow, better cooling, forged crank, high rpm redline etc).

And, the F8x either has DCT or if going with the MT6, that has the rev matching function on downshifts.
I hope your right Boss about the engine feeling totall different than other blown BMW I6 engines. I am excited to try the anti-lag, but the only time I really feel lag on the E90 335 is below 1,700 RPM.

I'm like ENZIO, exicted, but have major concerns about the new //M and the M5 isn't adding to my low confidence level in the new M3/4.

There is definitely throttle lag (throttle depressed but a lag in response) and turbo lag (why there is a sudden surge in power delivery). Unless you have some sort of special edition 335i
Appreciate 0