Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
I'm considering the M235i myself. It will have similar weight and a similar engine and probably be as fun to drive for $20k less. Here's the rub, I know I will still lust for the M3 and feel a pang of regret everytime I see one while if I get the M3 I will never again think of the M235i.

I'll happily admit though that I don't think cars need to be as fast as they are today. I'm ready for lighter better handling more involving cars and I don't think that the new M3/M4 need any more power than advertised, the M235i power is more than sufficient for me but I assume the M3 will have better response which is important to me.
I bought a 135is because it was just way more fun than the E92 M3s I'd driven and I've never ever found myself saying "I wish I'd have gotten an M3".

that being said....I do sometimes wish I'd have gotten a 1M.

I can't really comment about the M235 vs. new M3/M4 though....as none of us have actually driven them; suffice it to say I'm pretty sure the M235i will be a continuation of the 135is with some improvement.

I am also interested in an F30 M3, however find myself increasingly impressed with the 135is and am more interested in the next 'M2' by the time my lease runs out in 2015.
Appreciate 0