07-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
So, I stopped by BMW of Santa Barbara asking for 328i and 335i in M-sport for test drive. They had none. I said any Sports line, again none.

Can I have a look at any Coral Red or Everest Grey interior. Sorry we don't have at the moment and we can call you when something gets in. The guy (maybe in 50s) earlier pointed me to Dakota Grey from the E90/E92 era, on one of the E93 on the showroom floor confidently claiming that is very similar. Amazes me how little they know about the cars they sell. I mean that is their job.

By far the most ridiculous walk in experience I have had at any dealership.

The nearest other dealership is like 50-60 mies away. So much for an unplanned drive.

Where in Socal can I find decent collection of cars so I can test drive?

I have no hopes of testing out DHP on a car with a dealership before I order.

This is honestly quite ridiculous. I would hope BMWNA would atleast keep one car with DHP at a dealership for a customer to test drive. Right now its just read few lines about it on the configurator and add or remove like its a grocery shopping list.

EDIT: Subject of conversation F30
<End of rant>

Why don't you search their online inventory?

For us who live in LA, we have multiple dealers nearby. I have 4 within a 30 min drive, about 9-10 within an hour's drive.

STBMW is great, and the closest to you. Contact them directly
PM Golffrr, who is vendor sponsor as well:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/member.php?u=62484
He can't get you a quote but can get you to their CA. The one I used to know there is no longer in the car business, otherwise I would've directed you to contact her directly.

The next dealer I can recommend (though they're further away..) is McKenna BMW. but don't walk in and speak to a random salesman.

PM Marco and he will direct you to whom you should speak to:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/member.php?u=171866

You can also contact Derek @ Shelly BMW. I don't recall his bimmerpost username though... but I'm sure if you call the dealer, you can easily find him. I got my M3 from his partner.

Whatever you do, do not buy a car from Bob Smith BMW or Beverly Hills BMW. Just don't do it.
Appreciate 0