View Single Post
      06-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
KevRyd
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Xdrive MSport EBII

You would have to define Enthusaist as that has multiple meanings. If you were to say do people woh track prefer manuals, then that is something different. I could be a BMW Enthusaist who is interested in Detailing or Mod'ing. so a little vague.

I drove Manuals my whole life. I love they way I could control the car. I loved the way I could save my breaks by shifting to let the engin slow the car down. I love how connected to the car I felt. I was pretty good with a manual but I can honestly say that I was no faster than my AT counterparts (perhaps slower). I switched the the 8AT with my BMW and the only thing I cant control like I did in a MT is the engin use for slowing down. The Rev-Matching limits it's effectiveness in the 8AT. Being able to go into manual mode in the 8AT gives complete control over the shift points. I had a few injuries to my left knee (acl) and it left me unable to drive my own car. I used to get back pain from the clutch in stop and go traffic. For me, I will always be fond of MT's but in practicallity and mostly due to the awesome 8AT I will not be going back any time soon.

Kevin
Appreciate 0