05-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floriank View Post
But hey, at least it has one free 'undocumented feature', it reboots itself mid-journey regularly
I'd get that checked out. Mine doesn't. I agree that it is very over priced, but I'd also suggest that the quality of the maps are greatly dependent on where you are in the country. I've not had any issues at all with the maps in my car - granted the M8 bypass at the Kingston Bridge is missing, but it's missing on every Sat Nav I've tried and really, at that point it doesn't matter, I know where I am and the car picks up just fine at the start and end of the bypass.

It's worth checking out the route options. You can tell it to take the shortest and fastest route, which for some reason is not the default.

It's really disappointing that map updates aren't free. It's also disappointing that they aren't frequent - there must be licensing issues. I know that the map supplier has up to date maps for many of these areas, but they aren't on the latest maps BMW supply - I read they are only given the new maps every couple of years. Perhaps the supplier does so in order to sell their own map devices which get more frequent updates - who knows. It just seems like this isn't necessarily BMWs problem, but rather their supplier.

It's the same story on my Co-Pilot live - M8 bypass is missing. I just accept these things. Not worth worrying about - my sat nav gets me to where I need to go 99% of the time and very close the rest. And I don't need an ugly dock hanging in my car.

Personally, I rarely need sat nav. But the Pro Nav added the nice big screen, faster interface, and access to Maps when I do need it, without resorting to the phone. Does the job.
Appreciate 0