Thread: Navigation help
View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Floriank
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Tanzanite

Too be honest, the BMW Professional Navigation system is appalling value for money and it's navigational prowess is trumped by even the most lowly TomTom (costing a tenth or even less).

In the past I have always shunned all inbuilt navigation systems in favour of using a TomTom (other makes available, although not as good ) but after taking a hit when selling my last BMW as it didn't have factory built navigation I went for the Professional system on my new one.

What a load of rubbish! Maps were out of date by over 2 years when vehicle was delivered, not showing major dual carriageway A-road changes, iPhone and Android contacts never sync with the navigation system, RTTI is pretty much hit-and-miss and routing often takes the longest and most awkward route (I can perfectly do that myself, thank you..)

Nothing BMW offers gets anywhere near TomTom's IQ routes or HD Traffic, the big screen is just nice to have for some of the other, glossy non-important stuff and it makes the car re-sellable, but that's about it, IMHO.

But hey, at least it has one free 'undocumented feature', it reboots itself mid-journey regularly