View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #82
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Hi guys,

this was my response to the flow diagram that Orb was kind enough to supply and his fitment concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance
Hey Orb,

thank you for the flow diagram, your assessment regarding construction of the AT rad' is correct, but we are one step ahead of you.

Our "further investigation" had shown that the bottom 6 rows or approximately 40 mm of frontal surface area, is dedicated to coolant flow through the trans cooler heat exchanger.

It is little wonder that the AT vehicles are prone to running hotter, as the already undersized OE rad' loses 12% of its frontal surface area for the purposes of automatic transmission cooling.

FYI guys,

I have a few OE cooling system water hoses and associated parts on the way from the US, they are due to arrive any day.

Once we have those I will be supplying PWR with my OE MT rad' and the relevant OE components so they can make the necessary revisions to the 5970 unit.

The baffle in the end tanks will be easy for PWR implement.

Please remember PWR are not new to the radiator game, they have the facilities to design and manufacture pretty much anything we may require.

As a point of interest they currently supply radiators to Formula 1, Indy Car, NASCAR and V8 Super Cars here in Aus.

As such if Advan Performance supplies PWR with all the correct data, specs and OE components, rest assured the AT version will be manufactured correctly.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 02-23-2012 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0