02-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
krnboy817
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
Thanks for that. I'll read up. I have a 12/07 build and you misunderstood... I have 2 weeks left of new car warranty, but I have CPO until 2/2014. So, I'm not in an extreme hurry, but will like to get it fixed now.

My service manager replied to me this:

We would have to get the car in and diagnose it. Them do a puma case and get approval to replace the head. Please let us know if you would like us to do that.
Thanks

He sounds more than helpful about it. I just know that the PUMA case will take forever though.
if you already did the lifter replacement and is on record with BMW dealers and you have the issue coming back they should fix it with out a question.

best way for you is to record or take a vid when it ticks and take that to the dealer.

because when you get the lifter replaced... the work order and the SA will tell you that its a 2 step process and lifter is the first part. if that solves it then its all done but seems like head replacement is what most people are having to do.

and on my replacement lifters, i got guarantee for 15k miles on the work BMW did. so if i didn't have warranty the lifter related ticking issue would of been covered.

driving is poetry in motion.
Appreciate 0