View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
chiefsotos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 E93

Rev3 Installed, Datalog and impressions!

I had procede tune for 3 years now. I started with V4 then Rev2 V5 and today i have just installed the Rev3 unit with 7-29maps.
My car is a manual bmw e93 with catless dps and forge ic.

All these years whatever map i used to have, whenever i made a datalog the can actual ign adv never be stable. When it reached about 8-9 then sudently fall down to 5-6.
I thought with Rev3 and maps 7-29 the problem will be solved, since rev3 can manage more ign retard but this never happen.
The following datalog is with autotune start boost 15psi, autotune ign 50% and max boost set at 17.

It is 3d to 5th gear accelaration.

This is a 4th gear accelaration.

As you see with red circles the ign adv was dropping.
The strange thing is that autotune boost setting is climp up at 16.8psi and autotune ign correction is fault down from 50% at 0%

I made more than 10 pulls and only in one in the 5th gear the autotune ign correction climp up at 20% and after a 3d gear pull it fault again at 0%.
How is tis possible? I mean if the car retards shouldn't be the autotune boost and ign correction fall down?

Then i made a datalog of start boost 10psi and max autotune boost 12psi.

The same thing happens here.
Although i have ign retards(red circles) the autotune ign goes to 0% and autotune boost setting climps at max 12psi!

So how can that be happening???

All these years i have the same problem. Can actual ign advance never reach 10 and stay there.
I have allready change spark plugs and 3 injectors with recall before 500km.

Some more observations...
When i put start boost at 15psi and max autotuning boost at 15psi when i was on 4th gear wot the car at ~5000 went to limp mode with code 10738(something about high fuel pressure error).
I tried this 3 times all of them went on limp.
When i raized the max autotune boost again at 17psi no problem at all.

And something final, when i wot with high boost in 2d or 3d gear, if i sudently take off throttle at 3000-3500rpm(it is where it achieves max boost) the car makes a big bog! If i lift the throttle after 4000rpm very smooth reaction with no bog at all
Appreciate 0