10-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
GooGone will help to clean it up, followed up by a little bit of car detailer...just to keep the surface shiny. One thing that works EXTREMELY well is a product called Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish (about $6 a can). EVERY car garage should have this product!!! You can use it on any surface...it cleans and protects any surface. It's really supposed to be a waterless motorcycle cleaner, but this stuff is amazing. I've even used it to clean my countertops (probably not the best idea...but I was in college). It will make getting that crap off easy...as well as clean/polish it at the same time!
In the old days, when cars were shipped exposed, manufacturers coated them with cosmoline, just like weapons and then ran them through a shower of turpentine/thinner upon delivery to US. Will not hurt the paint or finish, so you may want to fill a hand held spary bottle and use it to spray hinges and areas hard to get to. Be warned however, that the lubrication in the joint itself may dissolve..... so go easy.
Appreciate 0