View Single Post
      10-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

From my day at Road Atlanta this summer I got some good traqmate data. There were some temperature variables that cause inaccuracies throughout the day but from what I could tell I was fastest with electronics off and the m button (aka sport) not used. I didn't want to ball up my almost new car so I figured shutting the gizmos off was already crossing the line and the car was very loose. I know how M mode works and in theory it should be faster but I was fighting for rear end traction all day so I preferred having a more progressive feeling go pedal. Like Franklin said it's easier to modulate the throttle with M off so if rear traction is causing a lot of oversteer it makes sense (to me) to keep M off. The car was 100% stock at the time and some qualified guys on here have been on track with good suspension and much better track tires then the stock Michelins so these items might make improvements to MDM and M mode on track.
MDORPHN is at Barber MotorSports Park right now (on R888's) so he may be able to give some good feedback.