View Single Post
      10-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

/update/ $2300!!!!!!!! Wire going from battery to the front of the car is failing (melting/discolored behind glove box)... they have to order the part from germany and say it's a 16 hour job. fuck me!!!!!

/update 2/ the SA called back to tell me she jumped the gun on that news. What she meant to say is that is what he'll be checking next... and that is the potential cost.... thanks for scaring me!

/ update 3 /

SA called, they do need to order that cable but labor will only be half what they thought. so ~$940 total instead of $2300.... that's sort of good news at least.

there is some code being thrown about "map overheating". I'm only relaying info from the SA, so she might be mistaken. But she also said the DME might have an issue and need replacing - but it might be covered under some emissions warranty.

On the way home from work yesterday some strange things happened. It was as if the connection to the battery skipped a beat a few times over the course of the drive. My V1 turned on and off when this happened, i got the "AWD/DTC DISABLED" warning on the iDrive and the time reverted back to "--:--". There were never any hiccups in terms of drivability, only the electrical systems.

I had to stop at a buddy's house to pick something up. Pulled in to the driveway and waited for him to come outside. I went to shut off the car by pressing the start/stop button and as I pressed the button the car just died - as if there was no battery in the trunk. Electrical shut off engine shut off... Key was stuck in the fob-vagina and wouldn't come out. Completely dead.

With the key stuck in the fob-vag i removed the physical key so I could get in to the trunk to check the battery. Walked around back... put the real key in the trunk and twisted and................

BOOM!!! all lights on, car turns back on, everything is fine. I check battery, connections are all sound... Drove home no issues. Check the car this morning, car turns on fine.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

Last edited by jpsimon; 10-13-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0